Models: Before & After Weight Gain (or Loss)

I always wonder what the motivational factor behind losing weight as these girls did. I don't mean for ANYone to lose weight or to go from huge to slim, but it seems as if modeling itself was why these girls lost a lot of weight. Quite a few go from average to skinny. What motivations do you think girls have other than modeling?
I think that to be "accepted" can be a reason. To like yourself more.
My best friend wants to be skinny at any costs. She has already lost 35 pounds, but she's not skinny though. This drives her crazy. But after she lost all that weight, guys started look at her in a different way and she started to built self confidence, hanging out with many people. If you hate yourself you want to change you and somehow you find motivation.

Reactions: 4 users
Isn't that how it usually goes though? The difference between average and ethereal is almost always a few pounds.

I want to frame this sentence and put it on my fridge. Really resonated with me today. Thanks <3

Reactions: 4 users
I want to frame this sentence and put it on my fridge. Really resonated with me today. Thanks <3
same here--gained 2-3 pounds and it's so strange how something so subtle can feel so significant. 3 pounds on me is the difference between sharper jawline, collars, etc....the finishing touch so to speak. Good motivation

Reactions: 6 users

same here--gained 2-3 pounds and it's so strange how something so subtle can feel so significant. 3 pounds on me is the difference between sharper jawline, collars, etc....the finishing touch so to speak. Good motivation

Aw, thanks guys! I actually have that in my book of thinspo, it's the first page <3

Hilary Rhoda
Just stumbled across these pictures and woah, what a difference loosing fat on your face can make!

z4ad1Ai.jpg

hilary-rhoda.jpg

VS
main.original.jpg
3267-hilary-rhoda-attends-the-tiffany-amp-1000x0-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 users
Hilary, wow! I got so sick of seeing her chubby, bland face everywhere for those Estee Lauder or whatever advertisements; between the plumpness and photoshop she had no definition to speak of save for her eyebrows. But losing that fat layer has just unveiled exactly why she gained so many longterm bluechip campaigns to start with!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh my... She doesn't even look like the same person :wtf: it's as if her legs got shorter all of a sudden?!
It's amazing (and terrifying) what a few pounds can do to your proportions...
I still can't get over how beautiful she was before though :(

Reactions: 2 users